To Our Patient Family,
We hope this message finds you and your loved ones safe and in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last year, and we are all looking forward to having some normalcy again in our lives. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to the health and safety of you and your loved ones.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are in place so the care you receive is both safe and comfortable. Our office strictly adheres to infection control recommendations and guidelines put forth by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH). In the coming weeks and months you will see that we have implemented changes in our office so we can keep you, your loved ones, our team and our community safe.
What We’re Doing to Keep You Safe
• We will take the temperatures of every team member before the workday begins.
• We will have hand sanitizer in the reception area and other locations in the office for you to use as needed.
• Our reception area, sterilization area and each treatment room will have a medical-grade (H13 True HEPA) air purifier that cleans the air every 15 minutes.
• Each treatment room and our reception area will have plastic curtains/shields in place to help prevent the spread of aerosols.
• We will utilize extra intraoral suction devices to decrease aerosols during treatment.
• We will wear FDA-approved personal protective equipment (PPE) including face shields to prevent unknown cross-contamination.
• As an additional layer of protection, we have installed an HVAC UV filtration system to enhance our ability to reduce microbes in the air and decrease the potential for infections.
What to Expect at Your Next Visit
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. These questions will be repeated and your temperature will be taken when you arrive at the office to ensure nothing has changed since the phone conversation.
• You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and a children’s prize machine, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Once you arrive in your treatment room, you will be asked to rinse with 2% hydrogen peroxide for 1 minute and to wash your hands before being seated.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• Please limit extra companions on your trip to our office to only essential people in order to reduce the number of people in the reception area.
While things may look a little bit different in our office for the foreseeable future, please know that we are committed to maintaining the quality of care you have come to expect. We are ready to safely provide you with the high-quality, comprehensive care you have come to expect. To schedule an appointment, please call our office at (847) 955-9500 or schedule online.
Thank you for being our patient. We are grateful for your trust, loyalty and patience and we look forward to welcoming you back to our office.
Dr. Ted & Dr. Sam